Alright, I thought I should add some to this Blog. Last night Grandma Lana, Waklee and I went to see little Reese. Waklee has been asking questions and has been looking at pictures of Reese so we talked to her about what is happening and took her down. She did wonderful, and we got to rub her feet and play with her pigs. Waklee and Penny went out to play with some toys and Grandma came in at a bad time. Reese started to cough and it is not a pretty sight. It was hard on Grandma to see but reality is not always wonderful.
Waklee and Grandma went and bought a fluffy bunny and Waklee had to write sissy a little note. She drew a stethoscope and wrote, "Dear Reese, How are you doing? I love you Waklee".
Now on to the Anatomy Lesson. There is a little space around the Lung. It is called the Pleural Cavity. If you open up this picture you can see it on the right. I can't imagine how small her little lungs are, let alone having it squished. Reese had some infection and fluid here and it was pushing on her lung so that it would not fully inflate. The Dr.'s put a little tube between her ribs and into this space so that it would drain off. They put 95ml of TPA, a thinner, in to clean it out and then they have let it drain. So far about 700 ml of fluid has come out. So think about how much that is. Your liter pop is just a little bit more than what she had so far. This all may seem gross but when you see the color come back into her face and see her resting a little bit easier, it is all worth it.
Again thanx to everyones prayers and help.
I was just told by my mother that this is not for a grade, but it lets us all know how fragile life is.
5 comments:
I just want to let you know how much I love you guys and how much Devin and I have been thinking about you. Thank you so much for writing this blog. It's hard sometimes to be a friend and not know what is going on. I appreciate so much being able to look at this every morning and know the status of your little girl. It has truely opened so many of our eyes to our faith and just how precious we are. Not only is your family learning from this trial, but us your friends. We will pray until she is playing again in that cute little tutu.
I had no idea, until Janine asked me about it. I cried the whole way through reading the blog. I am so happy that Reese is doing better. I feel so terrible that this has happened. Let me know if there is anything we can do. Keep getting better little Reese! We love you guys and you are definitely in our prayers and thoughts daily!
We are so sorry to hear about little Reese and we will be thinking of you guys and praying for her! the Rushings
You are in our prayers! We are so glad she is doing a little better. Let us know if you need anything!
I'm so sorry this is happening to little Reese. You guys are in our prayers/ Let us know if you need anything. If grandma Lana needs some time off we are always here.
Summer
Post a Comment