Friday, March 21, 2008
A Very Good Day. Day 13 March 21
I haven't left the hospital all week and sometime in the last week all the cherry blossoms bloomed. So beautiful. I love Oregon this time of year. As I drove home today and sitting in traffic I thought about my week and wow how things have changed. Today Reese and I spent the day watching movies, reading books, playing with a Mr. Potato Head, drinking juice and eating apple sauce and I may have even snuck her a fry. Yesterday the doctor told me we would be in ICU until Saturday or Sunday and that Reese wouldn't be doing anything she normally does until about three days out. Today they told me if they get another ICU patient that they would move us out but if they don't they will keep us until tomorrow. I don't mind staying the extra day because they take such good care of us but it was nice to know that they felt they could send us out to the acute care. Reese even said some words today that she has never said before and today she smiled. So heartwarming. Our hardest thing right now is the withdrawls and in the last 32 hours she has slept maybe a total of five hours. So yes we had a very long night last night. She gets the shakes when it is time for her methodone and everyone once in awhile I see her get crazy eyes and she hallucinates. The nurse assured me that the hallunications are probably entertaining things like talking animals. She will also get where she has to scratch or claw at her tubes and so last night she did finally attack her feeding tube and brought right on out. It totally grossed me out but deep down I was so glad that she did it because I didn't think they were going to need anymore anyhow and they haven't. She has been much happier since she took it out to. The cords that are left is an I.V. in her neck and her wrist. A little cord that goes around her toe to measure her oxygen levels and a few cords attached to stickers on her chest. So not too many left. They test her blook every eight hours to test the oxygen levels and it has been right on. Yeah. I didn't bring my camera home so I will have Eric post a picture of her later tonight. They also last night after Reese wouldn't fall asleep went and got an adult bed and put her in it and let me lay next to her. So that has been really nice because I can snuggle her or hold her anytime I want to. Things are definately on the up and up and we just can't wait to bring her home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey guys,
We are so happy that Reese is doing so well. She is beautiful and it is so great to see her breathing on her own. We sure miss Wakes and will continue praying for you. We love you guys,
Nevilles
Love to hear such good news!
a very good day for sure! thats great news :) and yes, the tress are so beautiful right now. there is a pretty big one on our property.
get some rest k, give Reese a kiss from us :)
She is looking so good, and happy!! I am so happy she is doing well enough to move out of the ICU. When you come home let us know. We can drop off a dinner to two for you guys.
Post a Comment