Saturday, March 22, 2008
So much happening Day 14 March 22
Happy Birthday to our neice Riley! We are out of ICU!!!!!!! It is okay to do a shout out right now. Yee Haw! Last night we left around 6. Reese slept last night too. A new doctor came by today and has taken Reese down from her list of 27 medicines to about 10 now. She also ordered to have the I.V. out of her neck and the I.V. out of her wrist. That just happened and so now we can take Reese for a little wagon ride. I think taking out the I.V.s about broke her heart but she will ultimately be much much happier without them. So we are hooked to nothing now. We are hoping to come home on Monday but don't know yet. Waklee is on her way back to Oregon via the Chad's Girls Tribe ride. They went through the middle of the state and went through Bend to Eugene and then will spend the next few days coming up the beach doing some charterd whale watching, going to the sea lion caves, visit the tulip gardens. I am very jealous of that girl. So cute today to listen to Waklee talk to Reese on the phone. I could tell Reese missed her sissy. I went home yesterday afternoon for a few hours to sleep and shower and then came back. As soon as I got back Reese starting crying for me and then last night Eric went home to recover from finals week and this morning the first thing Reese said when she woke up was Dad? And then when he came in she started to cry for him. So she definately needs her parents right now. Our days right now include watching Charlotte's Web, reading books, playing with some toys, and sleeping and eating. We are so excited she is doing so good and it seems like it wasn't us two weeks ago faced with the scare of our lives. We appreciate all the prayers and thoughts. I know without a doubt that through those prayers that our Reese has recovered so quickly. It is interesting to listen to the doctors now. The day one and two of this experience the doctors were being very upfront about the seriousness of this and then from there they tapered off and let us know she would be okay. But to hear the doctors talk now it sounds like after day two they weren't exactly sure she was goinng to be okay. Oh how thankful we are. Just today as Eric and sat and played with Reese I said isn't it amazing how much a parent can love their child. It is unexplainable. Okay we are off to take her for a wagon ride through the hospital, sounds fun eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
We are so so happy for you guys. Tell Reese that the Dustins are so proud of her for pulling through this. Let us know if we can help you now that she is out of ICU. Do you need visitors?
Yah Reesey!! We are so happy for you all and are more thankful than anything. What a blessing this has been and we are all better because of it. We love you guys and can't wait for you to get home.
Nevilles
What progress she's made since the last time I checked in on your blog...and that was just a couple days ago!! That's so awesome!! I couldn't be more excited and relieved for you guys!! YIPEE!!
Mandy
Wooooooooooh HOOOOOOOOOOO! Can you hear us a woopin and a hollerin from Utah! We're doing kart wheels and summer salts over here. What a relief. Don't ever scare us like that again! :) We love ya! I know you have everything in order but you know I can come at a drop of a hat if you need me.
Love you, SIS
Happy Easter!
FREEDOM!!! So she's getting more tubes out, leaving the PICU AND taking wagon rides. There's a definite shout out coming from MIami...YyyyyEeeeeeSssss!!!
We love you all to pieces. We are thrilled that your little "pistol", "firecracker", and "spitfire" is doing so great. Thankfully, this will all be a memory soon. Regretfully, I will miss the daily blog...happily recognizing that Reese is jumping around, playing hard, and ruling the Kunz Household. Love you lots and Happy Easter!!!
So happy for you guys! I hope that Reese can go home on Monday! We also hope that Eric did well on his finals. What a tough couple of weeks.
we've been checking on you every day, just too computer illiterate to send a comment. We're all cheering for little Reese,keep up the good work!! Love the Coburns
She really did recover quickly. I'm so glad. I'm glad Waklee is doing well, too.
We are soooooo glad that Reese is doing so much better! What a relief it will be to finally go home. Can't wait!
Post a Comment