Sunday, March 9, 2008

A very long week

Well last Monday, March 3, 2008, Reese came down with a Fever. The next morning it was down. that evening the Fever was back. Again, the fever broke and that night it was back. The fever was up to 105.5 degrees. We tried our best to get it down because the next day, Thursday, Penny was flying out to Texas to her grandpa's funeral.

I was staying home to get ready for National Boards and finals that would be one week away. Waklee and Reese were going to stay with our good friends Caren and Rick Weber. Caren is a hygienist at the dental office Penny worked at, and has been there for both our little girls since the first days of Waklee refusing to wear shoes and sock.

I took Reese into the Dr's office Thursday AM after dropping Penny off at the Airport. They said she looks and sounds good, and is fighting the flu. I took her to Caren's house and Waklee started playing and little Reese was exhausted and took a nap. The next AM Caren told me that she didnt' sleep well, so I went and picked them up. Her breathing was belabored and so I called the Dr's office and they didn't sound too alarmed so I was alright.

Friday night she didn't sleep much and was very thirsty in the AM. Her coughing had stopped but she was still breathing hard. She was so exhausted that she went back to sleep and her breathing normalized quite a bit. She slept for a couple of hours and then woke up and Waklee was in the tub and I was thinking that maybe she was gassy (spelling check please) or maybe even constipated so I put her in the tub with Sissy. Little Reese was so tired that she fell asleep in Waklee's Lap as she pushed a little bit of water over her tummy, hoping that it would make it feel better. We got her out of the tub and she watched a little bit of the Bee Movie while we made an egg for her. Waklee was eating her egg sandwich and said, "thanx dad for the eggs" and little Reese said, "Dadu dad." Just after that she fell back asleep and I went to get Penny at the airport as Uncle Brocky came and watched the girls.

As soon as Penny came in the door, she went to see the girls and she noticed that she wasn't doing good and we went directly to the ER.

It only took a minute to get her in to see a nurse and she checked her oxygen levels and took us Right back. Within minutes she was surrounded by the nurses and doctors getting her stable and comfortable. They told us that she would need to be taken by ambulance to Legacy Emanuel Pediatric ICU.

The good doctors and nurses got her intubated and sedated so that she can rest and recovery a lot faster. They told us that her entire right lung is full of bacteria. They are working hard to get this little girl better.

I (Eric), called home and asked my mother to come and help, and in 4 short hours my family had come together and got her here. Michelle heard about it and called Rebecca and Kirk and Kirk said he would fly her out. How blessed we are to have such a loving and supporting family.

As a saw grandma and grandpa get off of the elevator, I noticed that Dad had is suit on. Trying to be brave and a bit of a smart alec I asked him if he was going to church. Little did I know that he had come ready to help me give her a blessing of health. We went in and saw her, and then Dad and I placed our hands on her head to give her a blessing.

As I think of the trials we are given, I am so very grateful to wonderful friends and family that are willing to fast, pray and help us overcome the trials in our life.

Little Reeses is resting well this evening. Geoffere, a nurse that accompanied the girls in the ambulance came by tonight and said that she looked a lot better than she did. They tell us that she is just fighting this infection in her lungs and it will take some time.

We thank you all for your prayers in Reese's behalf and also our behalf and want you all to know of our love and want you all to hug your loved ones and thank Our Heavenly Father for the Health we enjoy.

5 comments:

Bryan and Jodi Bartschi Family said...

Please know we love you and are in every prayer we offer. We have been blessed with a wonderful family who love each other...thank you Eric and Penny for being an example of faith and love for each other and your children and including us in your lives. We have the greatest parents who have set that example for us long ago. I love you guys and I love that little girl dearly. Kirk Hansen is amazing...we are indebted to him forever for loving our parents the way he does!!

Caren said...

The four of you remain in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers, and we are thinking of you constantly. Please let us know what we can do to help you as things come up. We want everyone to know what a great little girl and loving sister Waklee was while Reese was so sick at our home, and we had little time to spend with Waklee. Reese was amazing, as sick as she was when staying with us, she was still a sweet little girl with no complaints. Eric and Penny, you two are wonderful parents and such a gift to all who know you!
We Love You,
Rick and Caren

Kami Herring said...

We love you guys so much. We are fasting and praying for you continually. We know that your Heavenly Father is there with you all along the way. Stay strong and know that we love you and wish we could do more.

John & Kami Herring family

Tiffany said...

We are praying for little Reese. If there is anything we can do-please let us know. Big hugs and loves to you and that sweet little angel!

Unknown said...

We just moved into the ward and I met Eric briefly in the hall, he directed me in the right direction to find my husband. I had heard about little Reese but just found out who she belonged to. Reading bits of your blog I am so touched by your family devotion to one another. Love works miracles. You are all in our prayers.
Shannon Milliman