Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's Beginning To Feel Alot Like......Day 8 March,16th

It's Beginning to feel a lot like Christmas..........only a few more days until my girl gets to wake up. Remember being a kid and that anticipation of Christmas, you know I still get that way. You dream about it, it's all you can think about, you imagine the presents you are going to get and your reaction when you open them. That is me. I keep wondering what Reese is going to do once she can open up her eyes and see her Ma-Ma. I can't wait. Unfortunately it was a busy day in the ICU and so me and my crush didn't get to talk much. Seriously I need to take a picture so no one worries about me, he is just so nice and a very good doctor. Okay the medical updates for today include more progress. Her secrections are getting lighter in color and not so gooey. They put her on her stomach again today and I guess the readings on the machine indicated that she didn't like being on her tummy so they flipped her back over. Little stinker is metabolizing her drugs like crazy and that is lesson for another day. They are running some blood tests to figure a few things out about her blood. I really don't understand it but right now it sounds like it ins't a huge concern. What I do understand is that the transfusions she has had her body is fighting off the red blood cells which isn't good but don't ask me why and secondly an entirely different problem has something to do with her white blood cells but they are running tests on those too. So yes she is improving but she is also relying on a machine to breathe for her so it is still a little scary but I think I am just used to it from being here for so long. What I have been up to you ask? Well the three things that have saved my life is 1. Getting me feelings out. I have always been a big journaler and have filled up several journals in my lifetime. I love to go back and read them and see all that I wanted to be and I think more importantly all that I DO NOT want to be. I think that sometimes we forget what we really wanted when we were young. I know that when I was younger I had some great ambitions and I also had my priorities in the right place and for some odd reason as we get older we get too busy and loose sight of those good ambitions and mix up our priorities. So I always try and write down not only what I want to become but what I DON'T want to become. 2. My next obsession has been books. I love to read and am finishing my second book tonight. I have to read an easy-read though because it is a little hard to concentrate. 3. My thrid passer of time would be Wi-Fi. I guess the hospial just got it about two weeks ago. I cannot express how easy this had made my life. I have been doing some blog stalking, some on-line window shopping, and Choo-Choo yep I have been playing Ticket to Ride and rocking out to Taylor Swift. I love that Ticket to Ride Game besides it is so addicting. But here in a few short days I won't have time for any of my time passers. I can't wait because it means Reese will be awake!

10 comments:

Jessie said...

I can feel your excitment throught your writing!! You are a good writer.
Please keep it up. Miss u
Give Reese a kiss from us :)

Chad said...

We sure missed Reese in Nursery today, she adds a lot to our little class and we are all praying for her and her family. We love you guys.

Linds said...

Penny, I just heard. I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out and praying for your little family. You are so strong. I'm positive I could not be as strong as you. We will keep praying, I know that's the best things we can do.

Anonymous said...

Not Cool!!! I leave for 2 days to take the National Board Test for Chiropractics and my wife is Crushing on another Man, let alone a Doctor.

For all of you that read this, I want to thank for all of your prayers and offers to help us in any way. We recognize the love and the prays and really do appreciate it. I will be sighing alot in the next week. Today when I finished the Boards. Early on this week I will sigh again when Reese is up and regaining her strength and also Friday when Finals are done.

Thanx again to all.

Eric Kunz

Unknown said...

Hi, you don't know me, but I am a friend of Amy M's. I have loved reading your blog and will enjoy remembering your sweet family in my prayers. We had a similar situation a few years back, with a nine day old. It wasn't as severe as your sweet Reese, but the feelings you describe, and the heartache and the "protection from Heavenly Father" are all things I remember. I remember after we left the hospital, feeling like there was this huge wall up, protecting me from the true extent of what we were going through. I love that you are laughing. I think it is the best medicine. Hang in there! I am anxious to hear how you are doing and can't wait for Christmas Day! ;)

cjdustin said...

Penny you are so great! Thanks for your thoughts. It's too bad that you have to go through all of this to get some reading time! We will be looking forward to Reese's awakening. Love to all.

Tiffany said...

Can't wait to have Reese awake! We really did miss her in nursery yesterday, her big eyes, her sweetness and her spunkiness-there was no one to dump out the crayons again and again after I cleaned them up or to tell to quit eating them! Love you!

Dani said...

I have been checking your blog every day for the updates on Reese. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have your baby in the hospital, let alone with another little one at home (well, with grandma now, thank heavens), and with your husband taking national boards and finals this week. You are in our prayers every day. Glad to hear all the good progress!

Lisa C said...

Tell Eric he doesn't need to worry about you crushing on a doctor...he's gonna be one soon!

Good luck on all your exams, Eric!

A. Simpson said...

Good luck Eric. You'll do great.
Penny, I want so badly to be there and hug you. I love your family.