
Reese has in her green bow and we painted her toenails green last night. Dang I wish I had my camera. Today is a very hard day. While Reese continues to progress things will get to be more difficult for Reese and for us and this is why. The drug lesson: Since Reese has had to be on so much sedatives and pain meds she is now a little addict. The closer we get to taking out her breathing tube (it won't be Tuesday, but soon) they start to wean her off the drugs. They are going to give her some methadone to help her bridge on over. She may even have to go home on methadone. Also because of the addiction she started to have withdrawls. She gets shakey and agitated and can't settle herself down. She did this for about three hours before they finally gave her some more drugs to help her settle. Consequently my emotions are very close to the surface and it sucks. Moving on. reese is quite the little fighter. No one had to tell her parents this but all the doctors and nurses have ma

de reference to our little fighter. She has been described as fiesty, stubborn, a fireball, persistant and my latest two favorites would be a firecracker and a pistol. This is one of many reasons I love my little Reesie girl. I admire all her fiestiness. Huh wonder where she got it from?
8 comments:
We are not out of prayers yet my friends! We love you guys!!!!!!!
You are such an amazing mother, your stength; there is no words.
I know the answer for that Question. I will give you a hint: NOT ME
I have to say, that kid has so many different faces. I like her cow Mooing face. You all know the one. The lips puckered up underneath her nose.
I love you honey....stay strong and I will be there soon.
EK
We are praying so hard!!!
Bless her heart and yours!
Know that we are thinking of you and wishing we could do ANYTHING to help.
love Annie (and Monica and the rest of the fam)
Hang it there! I am amazed at how you are coping with all of this. I'm glad Reese is a fighter. Keep it up Reese!
I am so glad you are journaling about this. I know it would be hard, but Reese is going to appreciate reading about it when she has her own kids. You have actually inspired me to keep a personal journal--so thank you!
Penny you are such an inspiration! I feel so far away(but we are flying home tonight). I can't wait for Reese to open her eyes. What a joyous moment!
yikes! So much to deal with! So glad she is such a little firecracker! We can't wait to see her up and spunky again! Love you guys and know there are still lots of prayers coming!
Post a Comment