Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ohhh....Good News March 19 Day 11

Oh yeah! They started the methadone today and said maybe tomorrow we can take out the tube. The catheter was taken out today by default she had a really bad diaper. She is resting quite peacefully today and yesterday as well. Yesterday afternnoon she was quite alert and I read her a book and she tried to hold it. So nice to see my kid coming back. Although yesterday she kept doing her silent cries and when I undid her restraints so she could hold bunny tight she put her hands out for me. Oh break my heart. She is such a little sweetie. I can't wait to hold her again she is such a snuggler so I won't need to put her down for days. Can't wait. We had to share our room last night and today but it has been okay. It is a tiny 3 week baby who had to have a surgery and should be out of ICU later today and then we can have our room back too. Waklee is having so much fun in Idaho that she doesn't have time to talk to us. Last night she talked to us for a second and then asked her cousins if they wanted to talk to us. Sorry cousins but we weren't as excited to talk to you as Waklee. So alot less to talk about today. Things are just going well and I am so excited.

Penny forgot to put the pictures of Reese's Green Toes for St. Patty's Day on......so here they are.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

that is great news Penny :) write me back too! i sent you another email!

julie! said...

!!!! So excited to see Reese on the road to recovery! We keep you in every uttered prayer in the Riley household (its a new house rule).

A. Simpson said...

We hope things just continue to get better and better. It will be better after finals, hopefully.

Amy said...

Great news...and love the green toes! We're rooting for ya Reese!

Anonymous said...

so glad you got some good news!

jrushing said...

I am so glad to hear that things are progressing. We are thinking of you guys!

Perkes Family said...

That is so fantastic she is making progress!! the quarter is almost done, what a relief for your family.