Tuesday, March 11, 2008
March 11th Morning of.....
Yesterday was such a good day that I knew I needed to be prepared for a few bad days. Today is not a bad day it is just we want to see more improvement. One thing yesterday that I think I failed to mention is she received a blood transfusion and her coloring looks a lot better. So yesterday they did the TPA fluid and got a lot of junk out and then took a new x-ray this morning that didn't show much improvement even though we did get a lot of stuff out. So they sent her for a CT scan to be able to view her lung differently and to decide if they wanted to do a laproscopic surgery. The CT scan showed that the fluids are not around her lung but inside and so they will not do the surgery, which it is always good to avoid surgery. The fluids that are in the lung are just going to take time to get out. They have diagnosed her pneumonia as the strep strain and have singled out the best antibiotic that she is responding to. She did wake in the night around 4 am which once again I have to suppress throwing up. My stomach is being pretty queasy it is how I react to very stressful situations. I actually feel like I am in highschool getting ready to run a 400 meter which isn't interesting that 10 years ago that was my biggest stress seeing how fast I could run around the track once. But when she wakes she isn't aware of what is going on but trying to move and tug and her many cords and we have to hold her down. She usually some junk in her tube that she is trying to couch out and so it is just hard to watch. Reese is on blood pressure medicine again. They keep taking her off and on which is okay because at some points she is able to regulate that herself. And so we wait. We wait for more of the infection to leave her body. So while think are not better today atleast she is stable. We are so blessed to be here at Emmanuel Childrens Hospital. Reese has a RN that is with her 24-7 and sits outside our room and watches through a glass window. In an hour she is in our room probably a dozen times checking monitors and changing fluids, suctioning mucus, and I am sure a lot of other stuff I have no idea about. Next we have a Respiratory therapist that comes in about once an hour. We havie a pediatric intensivist who only deals with children in the ICU and then we have a lung specialist. They are very good doctors. Her meds she is on is dopamine for her BP meds, versed for sedation, morphine for pain, rocephin is the antiobiotic and once in awhile they give her penabarb for pain when she wakes up to put her back under. And so as Waklee's readers say at the end of the short story.....more to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hang in there Eric & Penny! Your faith and positive attitude at this challenging time is an example to us all. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we are praying like crazy that little Reese will be well soon. Leep the faith-and know that we love you.
The Hansen Family*
Woops! I guess I should have hit "preview". KEEP the Faith, not Leep.
Penny, thanks for keeping us updated on your little girl. She is a doll! I love the cute picture on the blog
of her sitting and smiling on her chair. We will all be looking for another one of those cute pictures in a couple of weeks when Reese is up and clowning around again. We are so glad she is receiving such good care. We love you all and you are all in our thoughts and prayers...hugs and kissess to each of you...especially little Reeses Pieces!
Marlowe Family
Penny and Eric
we are praying for baby Reese
and your little family.
we love you guys
Hi, my name is Danielle Bowers, my husband Ryan goes to school with Eric. Ryan came home yesterday with the news of your little girl. our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. please let us know is their is absolutely anything we can do for you guys! We are happy to help in anyway we can.
Hi Reese. It was nice to see you last night. You are in my prayers and I am fasting for you today. I hope you get better soon so you can get back on your horse your daddy made. Keep fighting baby. Love you lots.
She will continue to improve-and you will all get through this and in no time at all she will be back in nursery being her cute little spunky self. Love you guys!
We are so so sorry that Reese is so sick. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the updates. Let us know if we can help.
My mom would understand what you are going through, as I became very sick when I was little. I guess you could say I know what Reese is going through. I had kidney failure and the doctors said I needed a transplant, but I received a priesthood blessing and recovered. Thank goodness for the priesthood. Reese is in our prayers. We love that little girl.
Post a Comment