Sunday, March 23, 2008
A little competition and a Sunday Sermon. Day 15 March 23rd.
My blog has been in competition with Charlotte's Web. Not joking. We have the old cartoon animated and the new real people Charlotte and I think I have watched between the two of them around five to six times each day. No complaints it could be something like Sponge Bob or Barney. It really is a sweet cute little show and definately Reese's favorite. Today has been a very lazy Easter Sunday. There was a luncheon put on today by one of the LDS churches here and we went to it. I was so glad to see that. We have recieved so many nice gestures from a few other churches and I was just thinking yesterday how I know that our LDS church does so so much service but sometimes atleast in our ward it is focused on a worlwide humanitarian effort and it just made me think of the importance of serving in our towns, cities etc. and within the next few hours Eric said oh look who is giong to have an Easter dinner tomorrow. So good for them. I took Reese on a wagon ride today and she did not like it. I don't know why? All day she keeps pointing to the door she is so ready to go home. I can't wait to see her face when she gets to walk in. Today Eric left to go to church and oh my so much little whining for her Daddy. Cute. And now for my Sunday sermon. I taught Relief Society a few weeks ago and it was a talk from a few years back my Elder Richard G. Scott. The talk was about choices and how they affect our lives and to preface his discussion about choices he talked about character. He made the point that our character is based upon choices and how our choices good or bad build up to our character. The part that I really like and have thought alot about these past few weeks and this isn't exact is he said that during times of trial it isn't a time to build our character but to rely on it. Which I am sure in the future I will look back on these few weeks and see that I built some character but I really do feel that we have relied on what we already were to get through this. Does that make sense? And not to say that we havn't relied on our Heavenly Father and have been so blessed through fasting and prayers of so m any of you. I am always teasing our cute newly weds Johnny and Haley that these first few years of marriage are character building years: being on your own, figuring out what type of person you will choose to be, to serve the Lord or not, and how to deal with the trials that come our way. But really isn't that what our entire life is about is building character and that is never-ending. Thanks for humoring me and reading all that. Back to Reese we are about 99% sure we get to take her home tomorrow. We are pretty much just waiting on her last dose of Methadone which she had and to see if her withdrawls are managable without it. Last night was a little long because she was awake from 3 to 7am so we just watched Charlotte's Web. I am anticipating some insomnia tonight and for the next few nights as well. But if that is all we have to deal with, no complaints. Her breathing is great! She can't walk yet her little legs are so weak but I am sure she will be up climbing the monkey bars soon. She has a good appetite and just keeps pointing to the door. She isn't talking at all, not that she really did before she is such an interesting kid. But really I think the only thing I have heard her say in the last few days is Dad but no worries. Once again thanks for all your support a nice friend brought Reese up Easter basket today, thanks so much. And if you are wondering what we are up to just know that we are just watching a spider weave words into a web.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well I hope you are home and too busy enjoying that to write on your blog and read comments. I am so grateful everything worked out so well. Bekah still prays for her all the time, and I haven't stopped her-because she always says "bless little reese to be better forever". I think it is a good thing to ask for-she has had enough sickness to last forever-she should be better forever!
so glad to hear that things are moving along. we hope Reese is home and enjoying her bed and all her surroundings.
Post a Comment