Saturday, March 15, 2008

Life Goes On....Day 7 March 15th




Once again we are progressing. No setbacks. X-ray shows improvement. Today they put her on her tummy to help get more junk out of her lungs. And it is working. The secretion is the color of dark cocoa and pretty thick and sticky. Nasty. They gave her a paralyzing medicine for this 6 hour tummy time. We will have to see how she does. Well today just goes to show that life has to go on amidst our own little bubble that we are living here at the hospital.

Todays happenings include: Eric begins day one of National Boards. Can you believe that this is what he HAS to do right now. He has boards today and tomorrow and then finals Monday through Friday. My advice was to take your boards and just see how you do but be sure to pass your finals. He could always take his boards over in the fall and surely wouldn't be the first to not pass them.

Our second happening is Waklee flew home with Grandma Lana. We figured it would be easier on all of our helpers if we just sent Waklee to them instead of them disrupting their lives and coming here. We will always be so greatful for Grandma Lana coming and spending a week with our Waklee. So Wakes flew on her first airplane and the last report I heard is she is wedding dress shopping. No not for herself, ha, but with our cute cousin Britta who is getting married! We are so excited for you Britta. I think Waklee will do great. She packed all of her snow clothes and I am sure she will be putting some hours on Grandpa's kitty kat snowmachine. I of course already miss her and worry about her more than needed. Last night she and I had a farewell talk. She told me that when she left the hospital yesterday she had tears in her eyes. She is sad that she won't be here when Reese gets to open her eyes. But we talked about being brave and so we will be just that BRAVE.

Yesterday when Waklee came to the hospital she sat on the end of Reese's bed and read her a story....if that isn't a heart breaker. My Waklee has always been so good to Reese. She takes such good care of her and is always so kind. We will miss you Waklee!

8 comments:

Reta said...

Eric, I have been thinking about you every day. And also remembering you in our prayers. I am sure you are a great husband and father. Things will get better I am sure. I am sure you will do good on your tests. I will always remember the Kunz family and the precious picture I have of you and I together (tall & short of it).I will keep in touch with you family. Love your short Idaho Friend! Reta Allgood

Toshia said...

Eric, good luck on your boards. I am so happy for you guys that things are steadily improving for Reese. Your whole family is constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa C said...

What a tough time for you guys. I wish Eric luck on all his exams. We will continue to pray for Reese and your whole family. Sweet Waklee always touches my heart. You have such special children.

Gel said...

Waklee is so cute. We are sad that we didn't get to spend time with her but glad that she is spending time with family. Let us know if Eric needs some food and we will bring dinner to him and you! We love you guys let us know if you need anything

Amy said...

I can't read these posts without crying. I'm so sorry you're all going through this!

Ericka and Bill Westmoreland said...

Hey you guys- please let us know if there is anything we can do...we have been praying for reese all week and will continiue to do so!Peace and love, Bill and Ericka Westmoreland

Jeff and Amy said...

I can't help but get all teary eyed whenever I read your posts. Your family is so cute. I'm glad that Reese's recovery is still progressing - now you're just that much closer to a full recovery. Good luck to Eric with boards and finals!!

Tiffany said...

Good luck Eric! So cute pics of Waklee with Reese! Such a great big sister-I always get the feeling that she is an old soul. She just seems so much wiser than other kids her age.